Gas Safety for Home Owners
Manufacturers request that their appliances are checked regularly by competent registered Gas Engineers.
At Chaumont’s we have extended our Landlords Certification to Homeowners wishing to have their appliances safety checked for peace of mind, or who wish to show documented evidence to potential buyers that their gas appliances are in safe working order.
What does a Homeowners Gas Safety Inspection Include?
Chaumont’s Gas Safe registered engineers will check the following during a Homeowners Gas Safety Inspection:
- All Gas appliances for gas tightness.
- Check standing and working pressures of appliances where applicable.
- Check burner pressures / gas rates against the appliance manufacturer’s data badge.
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test flues and flue flow to ensure adequate removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices (FSD’s).
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate).
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person. An appliance can not be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed.
- Full system Tightness Test (normally only included in a Landlords Gas safety Check).
- All appliances for their CO value with our Flue Gas Analyser (CPA) equipment
- Issue the relevant certification, uniquely serial numbered to the tested property
Call Chaumont’s on 01740 629337 or complete our Contact Page to book your complete Homeowners Gas Safety inspection today!
Your local Gas Safe Installer