Think you can smell Gas?
- Extinguish all smoking materials and any other open flames or sources of ignition.
- Get everyone outside and away from the building.
- Shut off the gas supply at the gas meter.
- Call the National Gas Emergency Services from a neighbours telephone.
- Stay outside and leave the gas off until the leak has been found and fixed by a gas competent engineer.
- DO NOT Turn light switches, appliances or thermostats On or Off, and do not use the telephone or mobile phone in the property. A spark from one of these could ignite the gas.
- DO NOT Light or try to re-light any appliances. Leave this job to the experts.
- DO NOT Re-enter the building until the problem has been corrected and you have been given the all clear.
Call the 24hr Gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999
If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety, you can call
0800 111 999 at any time, day or night. Your call will not cost you anything. Just pick up the phone, dial the number and you will be put through to a trained operator who will take all the details and get an engineer out to you as soon as possible.
THE SILENT KILLER!
REMEMBER: All domestic gas appliances are a potential source for
CARBON MONOXIDE So please have them serviced annually.
Your local Gas Safe Installer